Sunday 29 September 2013

University life so far

Everybody said to me that University stories are the best stories; which I now believe to be true after only nearly two weeks into this mad experience.

I can now share that the nearest water fountain to my accommodation and I are not, and never will be, friends again after an incident on my first night out where I thought it was a brilliant idea to go sliding through it. Little did I know it would cost me days of walking and a four hour hospital trip!

Student loans are also extremely deceiving - you think as a student you have made it into the big-time, yet come a few days later and you are yet again scraping the barrel when it has to all be paid out towards your accommodation (as the loan doesn't even cover all of the payment!)

The students I have had the pleasure of meeting here so far have absolutely made my experience what it has been - amazing to say the least. We have had laughs, drunken heart to hearts, the best dancing you would have ever seen (Beyoncé eat your heart out) and numerous amounts of persuading each other to do shots. I believe, even after this short time, that I will be making friends for life here, which for me is a rare statement to make.

My friends on my course have also made this experience the best it could be so far, as we have had so many laughs while working at the same time. The vox-pops have been one of my best experiences as you find out much more about people than you even wanted to know (cue the guy who works at Primark vox-pop). I hope to gain much more confidance than I have done already, as I can only see it getting better from here, experience and achievement-wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment